Vote für mich bei www.listex.de!

Listinus Toplisten

Europas grosser Automarkt

Golf Country - Forum

www.vw-golf-country.de

Die größte Golf Country-Community im Netz!

ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   KarteKarte   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
MarktplatzMarktplatz Suche AnzeigenSuche Anzeigen

Zurück zur Homepage
Zurück zur Homepage:
www.vw-golf-country.de

Bitte unterstützt die
VW Golf Country-Fansite!

Rear axle Cables and Vacuum hose- What is the funktion?

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.vw-golf-country.de Foren-Übersicht -> Motor & Antrieb
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Thord

BeitragVerfasst am: 15.08.2007 21:36    Titel: Rear axle Cables and Vacuum hose- What is the funktion? Antworten mit Zitat

Hello everybody, sorry for writing in english... However i just saw a hose and a two wires going to the rear axle of my Chrome Country, and i am wondering of the funktion. I also have a knocking sound when reversing at slow speed and the stearingwheel max turned.
/Thord
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
gruppe_a

BeitragVerfasst am: 15.08.2007 23:28    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Vac hose & wires control the freewheel lock/sprag clutch in the rear diff... basically a system that allows drive to the rear wheels while in reverse, though I don't fully understand the exact operation... Very Happy Also disengages drive to the rear wheels under braking, I think.

A clunk when reversing is normal, and indicative of the system functioning properly. Dunno about any correlation with the wheel being turned though!?
Thord

BeitragVerfasst am: 16.08.2007 07:05    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks for the information, so a clunk or 2-3 clunks is perhaps normal when reversing out from my parkinglot, i have only had the car for a few months and have no previus experience in 4wd.
/Thord

Chrome Country from Sweden
merlin667

BeitragVerfasst am: 19.08.2007 11:26    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

on many other cars you've got the free wheel lock to switch manualy (i've seen them on many Pajeros...).
This is needed for the stability when you are braking hard.
The rear breakes are always less braking than the front brakes.
As result of this the front wheels are blocking, while the rear wheels are still turning. The car is still stable.
Without this the rear wheels will block ealier than the front wheels, so the car will be unstalbe.

But 4WD will be also fine while driving backwards, its necessary to close the free wheel lock.
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.vw-golf-country.de Foren-Übersicht -> Motor & Antrieb Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.