Vote für mich bei www.listex.de!

Listinus Toplisten

Europas grosser Automarkt

Golf Country - Forum

www.vw-golf-country.de

Die größte Golf Country-Community im Netz!

ForumForum   FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   KarteKarte   RegistrierenRegistrieren 
 ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 
MarktplatzMarktplatz Suche AnzeigenSuche Anzeigen

Zurück zur Homepage
Zurück zur Homepage:
www.vw-golf-country.de

Bitte unterstützt die
VW Golf Country-Fansite!

limited slip differential for rear

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.vw-golf-country.de Foren-Übersicht -> Motor & Antrieb
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
laitinei

BeitragVerfasst am: 16.03.2013 14:28    Titel: limited slip differential for rear Antworten mit Zitat

I have looked limited slip differential for my Country. Peloquin in US seem to sell one. It is just they information is little confusing to me.
In they web page it says:

"This product made by Peloquins is used in the rear differential, which is powered by the 02C transverse mount front V.W. transaxle, and coupled by the viscous unit, such as Passat/syn., and Rallye/Country. 1989-91 in the USA, and 1993 to 98 for Early European cars such as the G60 four cyl."

And when I asked if this unit fits to Country, they answered that if it is 4 cylinder model, it will fit, even they keep refering to G60.

Doen anybody know if there was different rear differential used by VW on time of Country's production. Specially if Rallye model had a different unit, or am I worring for nothing?

Would not like to order unit from US, if it is not going to fit my Country.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Ismo Laitinen
Finland
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
highgetter17

BeitragVerfasst am: 16.03.2013 21:40    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

NO there is no difference.

Since every golf country was delivered as a normal "golf cl syncro" to Steyer (Corporation) in Austria the components are alle the same, whether they are G60 syncros or 16 Valve syncro versions.
I may be careful using parts from the syncro transmission designed for the V(R)5 or V(R)6 models, because they have different transmissionmoutings and models

you should be able to use every rear axle part from/for a syncro car from that era... except maybe the VW BUS T3 because this one has a rear engine or the T4 since this one is quite different from the other cars.
laitinei

BeitragVerfasst am: 18.03.2013 06:57    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi, and thank you for reply,

I got from your message that all Countrys are made with same power train, which is my understanding also. What was my worry, is if Rallyes, i.e G60(that are turbo charged?) might have different.

Mabye there is not much difference if viscous copling only transfers about equal amount of power to rear axel in all cases.

If someone has insights to this matter, pleas step in. Otherwise I take the rear differentials are the same.

Ismo Laitinen
Finland
highgetter17

BeitragVerfasst am: 18.03.2013 07:18    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

The Visco is a generic part that is tested up to something like 250HP i think. They are all the same.

The rear drivetrain may be different by using thicker semi-axes (the shafts connecting the rear diff with the wheel) but the drivetrain is defenitely the same.
gruppe_a

BeitragVerfasst am: 20.05.2013 20:58    Titel: Rear diff locker Antworten mit Zitat

Yes, that Peloquin will work with the Country's rear diff. I have one, but haven't installed the diff yet.

I'm also working on swapping in a fully lockable rear diff from the T4/Sharan syncro:

It will require a front angle drive with matching ratios from a Skoda/Audi or other 4 motion car with a 5 speed 02C transmission.

A Dutchdub Haldex converted syncro rear beam is required, with modifications:

Still have a ways to go before this is installed!
laitinei

BeitragVerfasst am: 04.11.2013 20:15    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I finally got time to start installation. I was unable to open differential housing. I have removed bolts holding two parts together and left side shaft axle flange, but something seem still holding the parts together. I have not used excessive force not to brake anything.

What need to be dismantled in order to open rear differential housing?

Is it left bearing, I would not like to open it, if it is not necessary. I have ETKA picture, but cannot tell what do the next.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ismo
laitinei

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.11.2013 13:10    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Just update the situatin. I found very good site with illustration of rear differential dismantling.

http://www.padrig.eu/Golf_Country_Register/Garage/Paginas/Syncro_revisie.html

it is in Dutch, but Google can help.

Ismo Laitinen
laitinei

BeitragVerfasst am: 06.01.2014 11:49    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi,

I installed Peloquins limited slip differential to my Country just in time for snow and slippery. Intial impression is very positive altough snow melted and extensive testing has been postponded.

It seems to me, that this unit fixes some of understeering behavour of syncro 4wd. It could be that torsen lock kind of uses inner corner wheel more when turning and thus compensating the viscous coupling slipping. Atleast car seem to be more eager to go where I want :).

Hope winter will return giving more opportunities for testing.

Ismo
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.vw-golf-country.de Foren-Übersicht -> Motor & Antrieb Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.